Monday, March 13, 2017

Going with the flow...

In my last post I spoke about my exploration of Reiki. Let me take you back a few steps so you know where I'm coming from.

In 2013 a friend recommended I get in touch with Berta Prevosti... she ended up writing articles for Functional Therapy Magazine. She is a very healthy and beautiful person and she just happens to be a Reiki Master.

We were then 'Facebook Friends' which means I would see her invitations to come and become certified as a Reiki I. It was a snowy day here in Stratford but 2 students came. I took the training (which is really just a personal training for your own development) and I found it interesting.

Rewind to my age 17... starting Tai Chi. With Tai Chi there is this idea of energy flowing through us, if you work at it you can really feel something. I have continued to practice Tai Chi for almost 3 decades.

Then more recently John F. Barnes was teaching therapists to sometimes work 'off the body'. Now, to the uninitiated (and even to the initiated) that just seems strange. But when I did it and I used my Chi Gong hands I was able to zoom right in and find an area of trouble for the therapist I was working with.

This and a few other little experiences drove me on to finally take my Reiki II certification. This is the certification that allows practitioners to work with other people and take clients. It also introduces a concept of distance healing... even stranger.

I may tell you about my first distance work sometime soon. Interesting story...

Now, fast forward to that series of courses in the Summer of 2016 where I dropped a lot of my ego about this... at that time I asked John Barnes about the kind of vibration I felt in my body after doing treatment in the intensive courses. He suggested it might be 'trapped energy'.

So, that rattled around in my head a little. Here was this energy idea again... so I treated myself with hands off Reiki... and the vibration stopped.

Huh?

So, here is this thing, that's not supposed to work... and it's the only thing that seems to work (other than time - about 6 months of vibration after my first Intensive JFB Myofascial Release Training.)

This time it was gone instantly.

So, when a scientist is confronted with something like this, what do they do? They explore it.

Mysteries need answers.

So, I retook my Reiki I and II courses... now I've started my Reiki Mastership.

The fun thing about this is that you can only really go with the flow with it. If you try too hard you might miss what's really going on.

I'll share more about these ideas in the coming posts.

Yours,
Ed


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Please inform LOFT of your reference to this information at RegisteredFunctionalTherapist@gmail.com.