Thursday, March 9, 2017

An Expert. Really? Yeah, Really!

I have been a therapist since my Graduation from Occupational Therapy School in April 1996. I have worked in Orthopedic Rehab, Neuro Rehab, Pediatrics, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Subacute Rehab, Acute Care Rehab, Burn Center Care and Trauma, ICUs, and Outpatient. I have also done some OT/PT management in there. Currently, I'm working in a very busy Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility and I own a small Private Clinic.

Then I've written a couple of books and I've published over 30 issues of Functional Therapy Magazine on iTunes and Google Play.

Oh boy, insert resume here...

Let me say that I stay busy with many things. (I'm also a husband and a Dad and a person living a pretty full life.)

The funny part of this whole career, it's just touchstones.

On a day to day basis I am constantly learning. I learn from my patients. I learn from the challenges of work.

Then I go off and want to learn something more.

When I'm at my best, I'm a scientist applying the latest of my understanding to complex problems and helping people get back to a functional life.

At my worst, I am doing a pretty good job and helping people get better... it's similar to the above... but with paperwork.

So, imagine my surprise when I started really feeling like an expert...

I'll tell you more about that tomorrow.

Yours,
Ed




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Please inform LOFT of your reference to this information at RegisteredFunctionalTherapist@gmail.com.